- 2 tsp. oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½-1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 stalk of rosemary, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth (I did half water half broth)
- 1 oz wakame, cut into 1 cm slices (I used arame noodles, then you don't have to cut into slices) (can buy at health food store)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sprigs fresh sage, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 (398ml) can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- ½ spaghetti squash, seeds removed
Brush the spaghetti squash halve with 1 tsp. of oil and place on baking sheet skin side up. Bake 30-40 minutes or until you can easily pierce it with a fork.
Using a fork pull out of the “noodles” from squash. Set aside. Discard skin.
Heat remaining oil in a large soup pot. Sauté onions, celery and carrots until the onions are transparent.
Add garlic, ginger, rosemary and jalapeno. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Add vegetable broth and wakame. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Add thyme, sage, parsley and chickpeas. Cook 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Add kale and spaghetti squash; cook until kale is slightly wilted (less than 5 minutes).
Adjust seasoning and serve.