• 1 pound beets, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
• 1 pound watermelon seedless or with seeds removed cut into 1/2 inch cubes
• 1 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (sherry or balsamic work nicely too)
• 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
• 1 dash black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375° . Place beets in a large bowl and toss with olive oil.
Place on a sheet pan and bake until soft, about 20 minutes.
Remove beets from oven and let cool to room temperature.
Toss beets with the remaining ingredients and serve or refrigerate before serving for up to 24 hours.