This delicious and fresh salad contains nourishing vitamins that will help your skin glow from the inside out!
- 1/2 red onion, cut in wedges
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 beet, chopped in large pieces
- 2 handfuls of kale and spinach, stems removed
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil or melted coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp each of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, turmeric,
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange vegetables on baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add kale and spinach and toss to coat with oil. Continue baking for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, rinse, drain and pat dry the chick peas. Toss with spices and place on baking sheet. Toast in oven for 10 – 15 minutes. They can also be sauted in a pan on the stove until lightly browned.
- Place roasted vegetables in a bowl, and top with toasted chickpeas. Drizzle either of the tahini or avocado dressing on top and serve.
While this tastes best when fresh, it can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge for a few days.
Your choice of tahini or avocado dressing
- 1/4 cup (56 g) tahini
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Whisk ingredients together adding hot water to thin as needed
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ – ¾ cup water
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and mix until smooth.