- 8 whole nori sheets or large lettuce leaves
- 1 cup guacamole (see recipe, page 34)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in half horizontally, seeded, and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, or mung bean)
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, cut in 1-inch strips, sautéed, and cooled
Place one nori sheet, shiny side down, on a clean, dry surface. If using lettuce leaves instead, wash and dry whole leaves and cut off the bottom 1-inch of stem. Drop 2 tablespoons of guacamole onto the nori sheet or lettuce leaf. Spread guacamole across the sheet using the back of a spoon, being careful not to tear the sheet or leaf. Spread 2 tbsps each of the carrot, cucumber, and sprouts across the guacamole. Lay 2 tbsps tofu across the vegetables and roll up the nori or lettuce leaf like a burrito, gently rolling one side over until the wrap is complete.